By engaging in any activities, tours, or engagements with Ethic Himalaya Treks & Expedition P. Ltd. (Reg No. 70758/066/067 Nepal) and all affiliated organizations and volunteers, I fully acknowledge and accept the risks and dangers involved in trekking, travel, and adventure tours. These include but are not limited to altitude sickness, sprains and/or broken bones, food poisoning or other illness, insect-borne diseases, or death. I agree to participate voluntarily and will not hold Ethic Himalaya and all affiliated organizations and volunteers liable for any injuries, illnesses, or damages incurred during the course of any engagement.
I acknowledge that I am responsible for the health and safety of all staff provided by Ethic Himalaya, including ensuring they have adequate food, water, and accommodation during the entire contracted period. I also confirm that I accept personal responsibility for every person I hire for my trek(s) and any other activities. Ethic Himalaya Treks acts as a booking agent only, and any liability for the members of my group is solely my responsibility.
I also agree to obey all safety precautions as listed in writing and as explained to me verbally by Ethic Himalaya Treks & Expedition P. Ltd. (Reg No. 70758/066/067 Nepal) and all affiliated organizations and volunteers. I understand that failure to follow these precautions may result in injury, illness, or damage.
By engaging in any activities with Ethic Himalaya Treks & Expedition P. Ltd. (Reg No. 70758/066/067 Nepal) and all affiliated organizations and volunteers, I agree to all the terms and conditions laid out in this disclaimer and forfeit all rights to bring any legal proceedings against Ethic Himalaya and all affiliated organizations and volunteers for any reason. In return, I will receive trekking, tour-related, or other services.
The content of this website, including all text and images, is protected by copyright. Any copying or reproduction of this website or any part thereof is strictly prohibited without prior written consent from the authors and creators of the images. If you would like to request permission to use any of the content on this website, please contact us via mail.
- Staff services in the capacity of guide or porter: The disclaimer states that any staff provided by Ethic Himalaya Treks will be serving in the capacity of a guide or porter. As such, they are not liable for any injuries that may occur during the trek. It is the responsibility of the trekker to ensure their safety and to obey any safety precautions given by the staff.
- Accommodation/meals for staff on the trek: The disclaimer acknowledges that Ethic Himalaya Treks will provide accommodation and meals for their staff during the trek. However, the trekker is responsible for ensuring that the staff has adequate food, water, and accommodation for the entirety of the contracted period.
- Porter arrival at the start of a trek if applicable: If porters are included in the trek, the disclaimer states that they will arrive at the start of the trek as agreed upon in the contract. However, Ethic Himalaya Treks is not liable for any delays or changes to the arrival time.
- Guide / porter-guide meet and greet in Kathmandu or Pokhara or Lukla etc if applicable: If the trekker requires a guide or porter-guide, Ethic Himalaya Treks will provide a meet and greet service in either Kathmandu or Pokhara as agreed upon in the contract. However, the disclaimer states that Ethic Himalaya Treks is not liable for any delays or changes to the meeting time or location.
- Flights/transport to/from the trek for your guide and/or porter guide: We do not cover the cost of flights or transportation for our guides or porter guides. The client is responsible for providing transportation for our staff to the starting point of the trek and back to Kathmandu or Pokhara after the trek is completed.
- Any and all expenses on the trek, including but not limited to food, water, and accommodation for all trekkers: We do not cover any expenses related to the trek for the client, including but not limited to food, water, and accommodation. It is the responsibility of the client to cover all costs associated with their trek, including those for their own meals and lodging as well as for their guide and porter.
- Staff insurance and/or medical provisions: We do not provide insurance or medical provisions for our staff. We highly recommend that clients purchase comprehensive insurance coverage for their guide and porter to cover any potential medical expenses or accidents that may occur while on the trek.
- Trekker's insurance and/or medical provisions: We do not provide insurance or medical provisions for the clients. We highly recommend that clients purchase comprehensive insurance coverage for themselves to cover any potential medical expenses or accidents that may occur while on the trek.
- Emergency support arrangements: We do not provide emergency support arrangements, including but not limited to helicopter rescue, medical evacuation, or emergency transportation. It is the responsibility of the client to arrange and cover any costs associated with emergency support should it be required.
- Any and all other expenses and services beyond the standard staff roles described within this website: We do not cover any additional expenses or services beyond the standard staff roles described on our website. Clients should consult with us if they have any questions about what is covered under our services and should make sure to clarify any additional needs or requests in advance of their trek.
Our cancellation policy is designed to ensure fairness for both the client and our team members who have reserved their time and may have turned away other bookings to be present for your trek. In the event of cancellation, the following policies apply:
- 45 or more days prior to departure: deposit retained
- 45 to 31 days prior: 30% of the total tour price
- 30 to 14 days prior: 40% of the total tour price
- 14 to 9 days prior: 70% of the total tour price
- 8 to 2 days prior: 80% of the total tour price
- Less than 48 hours prior: 90% of the total tour price
Ethic Himalaya Treks & Expedition (P) Ltd reserves the right to adjust pricing rates in response to external factors beyond our control, such as fluctuations in exchange rates and government actions. Please note that domestic flight fares may also be subject to change due to fuel price increases. Despite this, we make every effort to provide accurate and up-to-date pricing information on our website and marketing materials. We highly recommend that you confirm the final pricing with us before making any reservations or bookings to avoid any confusion or unexpected costs.
This agreement statement indicates that by participating in any activities with Ethic Himalaya, the individual or group acknowledges and agrees to all the terms and conditions outlined by the company, including disclaimers, exclusions, cancellation policies, and pricing adjustments. This agreement serves as a binding contract between the participant(s) and Ethic Himalaya, and it is essential that all parties fully understand and accept the terms before engaging in any activities.